Whether you’re at a BBQ, attending a wedding or running errands, warmer weather means you may need to change up the products you use to avoid looking like a hot mess!
We’re kicking off summer with a few of our favorite “tried & tested” products to help you beat the heat, no matter the occasion. Here are our top tips:
- Layering is key! Start with a great lightweight moisturizer with SPF like Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel SPF15: $20, followed by a matte primer to keep everything in place: Rimmel London Stay Matte Primer: $7.
- Try a foundation suited for oilier or acne-prone skin – we love Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup: $27
- Switch from a powder to a cream blush, so the color will melt right into your skin. Glossier’s Cloud Paint: $18 comes in 4 lovely shades.
- Make sure you’re using long-wear eye / brow products like the Benefit Cosmetics Goof Proof Brow Pencil: $24 – it’s waterproof and lasts for 12 hours – and a shadow primer like Smashbox 24 Hour Photo Finish Shadow Primer: $20 to keep them from smudging
- Finish your look with a color-correcting setting powder (pressing it in with a damp Beautyblender) like the Laura Geller Filter Finish Setting Powder: $32 for an overall brightening effect
- Lock everything down with a great setting spray – the Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray: $31 has been our favorite for years!
- Top it off with a lip pencil / balm combo for pretty color that’s fuss-free and easy to re-apply. Charlotte Tilbury’s Lip Cheat Lip Liner in Pillow Talk: $22 is a lovely pink nude, and the Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm SPF 25 Lemon & Shea Butter: $7.50 is super moisturizing and has SPF to boot.
The “Products to Beat the Heat” collection is being featured now on the Lovelyloot app – check it out and then tell us your favorite products to use for the summer!