October is typically the “beauty issue” for nearly every magazine, but the experts over at Allure take it to another level with a special edition showcasing their annual Best of Beauty awards.
After rigorously testing 9,087 products for four months, Allure’s beauty writers chose 283 makeup, skincare, haircare, bath & body products and fragrances as their favorites. Whether you prefer to browse the glossy magazine or click through the online coverage, we hope you use their expertise to help choose the best products for yourself from their 2017 Best of Beauty Awards (we certainly have been!).
Best of Beauty Under $10:
28 award-winning drugstore makeup, skin & haircare steals
- The Wet n Wild Liquid Catsuit Lipstick is an amazing formula! It’s super light, dries fast and fades nicely. I have a nude shade called Rebel Rose, but can’t wait to try Missy and Fierce (a bold red) and Nice to Fuchsia (a bright raspberry pink).
- L’Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara has been compared to Too Faced’s Better Than Sex Mascara. I would agree, but while I like the Too Faced formula after it dries out a bit, the L’Oreal Voluminous is best out of a fresh tube.
- Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes were one of the first makeup wipes on the market and remain a classic for good reason. They’re gentle, affordable and work well.
The ones I added to my Wish List:
- Nivea Silk Mousse Body Wash Creme Moisture – I’m a huge fan of Nivea as a brand and this body wash made with sweet almond oil looks fantastic.
- Maybelline Brow Precise Fiber Volumizer – While Benefit’s Gimme Brow has been my everyday brow product for some time, I also gave Glossier’s Boy Brow a whirl recently…but am always up to find a comparable (and more affordable!) option.
10 of the most innovative products of the year
- I’ve only tried one of the breakthrough products so far (and only after I learned about it from Allure) and that is the Jergens Natural Glow Wet Skin Moisturizer. This stuff is a genius in many ways…I hate taking the time to apply lotion after I shower and always *want* to use self-tanner but find it so fussy and time-consuming. This is super easy and checks off both items for me. It’s super moisturizing and you can just imperfectly rub it on right after your shower, then pat yourself dry. No waiting and no worrying about the color transferring onto your towel, rug, clothes, etc. or looking streaky and unnatural. I’m pretty pale and got the Medium to Tan shade which gave me a nice subtle color. I couldn’t be happier with this product!
The ones I added to my Wish List:
- Flirt Lashes Lash Applicator – I love the way false lashes look, but whenever I try to apply them myself, it turns into a messy disaster. Allure promises that this little gadget works for even total false lash morons like me, so I can’t wait to see if it lives up to that promise!
- Aquaphor Ointment Body Spray – Definitely not a sexy product, but since Aquaphor is always on my bedside table, I’d love to try this fast-absorbing spray to have an easier way to apply it.
- Living Proof Perfect Hair Day In-Shower Styler – This is a new type of hair texturizer that will supposedly give you soft, beachy waves just from air-drying your hair. If that’s true, I’m totally willing to add this extra step to my shower regime.
I’d love to hear if these Allure picks helped inspire you to try something new…leave a comment below with either your favorite product or what you added to your own Wish List!